HYH Meeting 2012-11-08
This page was automatically copied from HYH Meeting Template by User:Phong. If you would like to change the structure of how future meetings perform, please make any modifications to HYH Meeting Template. If you would like to propose something at the next meeting, bring it up on the mailing list with "PROPOSAL:" in the subject line and Phong will add it to the next meeting's agenda.
- Funds in bank: (Can be seen at Financial Report.)
- Note Taker: Nate P
- Moderator: Chad S
- Number of Members Present: 11
- Fastener bench area needs to be cleaned.
- Wood shop is messy.
- Austin: reduce parking ticket length from 14 days to 7.
- Will: 14 was in template; easy to change.
- Tim: 3d printer museum area should be useful or showable.
- Jeremy: need help reducing/removing tear-apart pile upstairs. Tear-apart night 11/30?
Badge access for Alisa Ex
- Proposal by Gadget
- Proposed on Mon, 22 Oct 2012 18:04:48 -0700
Alisa is an awesome person. She is a great help around the space, helping with tours and having her knowledge with costume design is a great bonus! She brought in the piano upstairs and her current emulator t-shirt is her current work in progress. Her Van Gogh box turned out to be amazing. She is currently working in code academy learning java script. And she is working on building a light-able companion cube http://www.flickr.com/photos/hslphotosync/8111297967/in/photostream - cube http://www.flickr.com/photos/hslphotosync/8092937473/in/photostream - Van Gogh http://www.flickr.com/photos/hslphotosync/8092943312/in/photostream - Van Gogh She has been coming into the space for about the last 3 months. Due to her crazy work schedule, I think both the space and Alisa would benefit from having badge access. --
- "I'd be here more if I didn't have to rely on someone else to be here." (paraphrased)
- Interested in cosplay, learning to solder. Want to make circuit board jewelry.
- Breadth of skill, desire to learn.
- Helps keep lab clean.
- RESULT: 10 for, 0 against - PASS
HYH Put food in vending machine
- Proposal by Mike Wolfson
- Proposed on Fri, 19 Oct 2012 13:40:16 -0700 (PDT)
So I think we have the all clear from Jacob to use the vending machine in the front of the lab for real food. There are is a caveat: - The machine is on Craiglist, so if it sells, our food would be homeless. I think the bill changer is actually all that is for sale, so the food might not be homeless, but not sell-able. The whole machine might go. (I think it has been for sale for a while, and not exactly selling like hotcakes) My thoughts: - we sell general snacks, both healthy and not (based on ideas from another thread). - this is a fundraising mechanism - the items have a high markup - profits go to the lab and the operation of the machine I am willing to do the work to stock and keep track of the machine (hopefully Chad and Marita could help me with any accounting, but I will do that too if necessary) --------------------------- The formal proposal: I propose that we allocate $150 to a budget to seed the vending machine. This would be around $50 in change for the machine, and $150 for food. The intention with this endeavor is that it would be self-sufficient. This would be a one time allocation. The funding for re-stocking would come from funds in the machine. -------------------------- So what do you think?.... --
- How often is Mike here?
- Is honor system not working?
- Machine is more organized and maintained, not in wood/metal shop.
- It's taking up space up front.
- Jacob would rather it be full of bizarre/interesting things, not snacks. Has not fulfilled his goal.
- Starts tours with consumption.
- RESULT: 6 for, 3 against - PASS