The Wishlist is an area to add specific tool and material requests. Tools donated or acquired by HeatSync Labs can be found on the Library page.
Also see: Amazon Wishlist
General Lab Needs
- 15-25 foot VGA extension cable
- manilla folders
- Hanging and/or facade sign for the space
- Replacement canopy for back
- CNC Router We might be able to do some fun stuff with laser in meantime (maybe 3/4" mdf?)
- CNC Lathe -we're borrowing one of Corey's and we can CNC our 7x10!
- Waterjet Cutter - Omax?
- Circular Saw - We're eyeing a Hitachi C8FSHE 8-1/2
- 3D Scanner - Nextgen? or Fabscan?
- Pick and Place - APS? or http://code.google.com/p/openpnp/
When purchasing we, as a rule, do not want versions of software that restrict commercial use, as we are prototyping and creating.
- Matlab - 1 license $2k at mathworks
- Eagle standard (4x6) $750, pro $1500
- Or Alibre? Altium would be nice (5k)..
- VCarve - CAD/CAM system for making signs and art
- Autocad 2012 w subscription $4425, w/o $3995 download only on autodesk - 2011 mac $? on techsoup
- Autocad inventor only in packages now.. (windows) $? on techsoup
- SolidWorks - $4k standard should be sufficient - education version is for non-commercial use only.
- According to rep, 4k is lowest price.
- MasterCam -10k-15? - in contact for lowest price for us
- OR Cam bam? $150 - $300
- Mach CNC control software - $175 + $50 - Generously offered to us free by developer, ArtSoft
- flickr pro accounts $6 on techsoup
- Corel - Educator version is for non-commercial use only.
- Adobe - Educator version is only available to accredited schools.
- Adobe - ESD means download-only.
- Eagle - Nonprofit version is for non-commercial use only.