Put your favorite Arizona businesses/resources here for community reference! Please categorize and alphabetize for readability.
Also, provide details of their services (maybe pricing, or even a short review) so it's easier to find the right resource for your specific project.
- Building Materials Outlet
- Tempe Sales (textiles, interiors, automotive)
- Home Depot, Country Club (general hardware)
- Lenhart's Ace Hardware, Mesa (general hardware)
- Grainger, Gilbert
- Chem Lab Supply, Phoenix (scientific glass, chemicals, equipment)
- Heldt Lumber, Phoenix (lumbar, building supplies)
- http://www.valley-metal.org/ Arizona Area Metal Hobbyists
- http://club.azhomebrewers.org/ Arizona Association of Home Brewers
- http://www.phx2600.org/ Phoenix 2600
- http://urbanstew.org/ Urban Stew
Electronics Supplies Distributors
- http://mightyohm.com/wiki/resources:surplus#arizona Great list of sites all over the world, including Arizona
- http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com - Scottsdale - only order online?
- http://www.circuitspecialists.com/ - Mesa - walk in with stock listed online
- http://www.frys.com/template/ecomponents - Tempe - Large Store with a good sized stock
From Bankruptcy to Surplus to Seizure these are the local guys we've come across
- Auction AZ
- A-1 Auction every wednesday morning 9am for tools, electronics, books, and household items
- ASU Surplus Has auctions the first Saturday of every month. On the Friday before the auction they let you preview the items for sale. They mostly auction vehicles. They do online auctions as well which seem to have more of a variety. Their Phoenix location is 3570 NW Grand Ave. 85019.
- Sierra Auctions
- Auction Systems Auctioneers & Appraisers, Inc.
- http://www.investmentrecovery.srpnet.com This is how SRP sells their unused equipment. You have to make a list of the items you are interested in and contact them through the web site for prices.
- http://www.policeauctions.com/ This is a police and government auction site. This is not only local to AZ. The auctions are from all over the country. You can submit online bids for everything. They also have an insane amount of foreclosures listed by state. You must make an account to get "full access" to the site. Each auction has it's own expiration timer.
- http://electronicfest.com/ Third Sunday of the month
- Apache Trail Swapmeet (Apache and 202) Every Sat and Sunday
- Google Maps
- (602) 254-0613
- 313 W Apache St
- Phoenix, AZ 85003
- One of the legendary electronics/hardware surplus places. Well worth the trip if you've never been there.
Davis Salvage Co
- Google Maps
- (602) 267-7208
- 3333 E Washington St
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Laser Engraving / Cutting
Remember HeatSync has its own Laser Cutter too!
- 2000-4000 watt laser (for metal)
K-zell Metals Inc.
- 4000 watt laser (for metal)
- Full fab shop cutting, forming, and welding metal, stainless steel, and aluminum
- Design and Engineering
- Some HSL members work here
Laser Bits Directory
- Directory of shops in AZ
Phoenix Laser Engraving
- Laser Engraving
- Design and Fabrication
Phoenix Custom Lasering
Waterjet/CNC Machining Services
Might have better turnaround than Whitley, located in Phoenix.
Great pricing, Cliff was my top choice for waterjetting because he was eager, flexible, and cheap. --Will 22:00, 16 October 2009 (UTC)
- We offer precsion cutting with seven machines. We offer fast turn around times. With cutting of 14"x20"and up to 17" tall and 2500 pounds
- Waterjet Cutting
- We offer precsion cutting with four machines. We can cut material up to 4'x8'and 10"tall. We offer multi-head cutting.We can cut 8 parts at once
- Progressive Dies
- We have capabilities to design dies to produce parts to meet your specifications and blueprints.
- Die Repair
- We can repair and upgrade your dies or tooling to your requirements
- Metal Stamping
- We have several presses from 5 to 45 ton.
- Short or long runs.We do it all.
Research Engineering Development
- WATER JET CUTTING
- Machine: JET EDGE 55-50B - 48" X 120"
- Cutting Stream Diameter: .030"
- Accuracy: +/-0.005"
- Maximum Thickness: 12.00"
- LASER CUTTING:
- Machine: Mitsubishi 2512 HD - 48" X 96"
- Beam Diameter: .010"
- Accuracy: +/-0.001"
- Maximum Material Thickness:
- Hot Roll Steel: 1/2"
- Stainless Steel: 3/16"
- Aluminum: 1/8"
- Plastics: 1/2"
- Hardwood: 3/4"
- CNC MACHINING:
- CNC VERTICAL MACHINING CENTER ( Mill ):
- Machine: Supermax FV-102A - 40"x X 20"y X 20"z
- CNC TURNING CENTER ( Lathe ):
- Machine: Daewoo Puma 200 - 10"x X 10"z
Cutting Edge Manufacturing
- laser cutting
- Custom millwork
- Stainless steel fabrication
- WaterJet CNC & Plasma cutting.
- OMAX Model 80160 JetMachining® Center: Will machine parts up to 80” x 160” (6.6 feet x 15 feet or 2m x 4m).
- Equipment sales
Mold Making & Casting
Reynolds Advanced Materials
- Regal plastics 8-5 mon fri 602 437 1000 4ftx8ft .020 (20 thousandths) white - $6.50 -prefer 25 dollar order but will do lower, cash only
- Professional plastics - 602 437 4555 -100 minimum
- Port 480 813 6118 - .060 4x8 in stock 17.75 no minimum
Remember, Cast acrylic is preferred for lasering. The cut makes extruded acrylic extremely brittle. Based on last research I'm recommending Port for their walk in remnant sales, Sabic for their overall low prices, and estreet for their funky colors at decent prices even with shipping.
Port plastics 480-813-6118
- clear .118" x 48" x 96" $67
- clear .236" x 48" x 96" *$135.00/ (have a .220 as well)
- also available black, white, bronze, grey
- qty discount @ 10
- No cut fee no if in halves, quarters. $20 if lots or small cuts
- decent walk in rems/clearance section, clearance on site tends to be old so call http://www.portplastics.com/clearance/index.html
- will ship from out of state (CA) for half freight if you wait a week ($50)
- clear 1/8 x4x8 $63
- clear 1/4 x4x8 $122 (.236)
- also black,white, other opaques in stock
- qty discount @ 5 or 10 (5%)
- no cut fee
- no walk in rems/clearance section
Regal/Piedmont 602 437 1000
- clear 1/8 3mm x4x8" $70.75
- clear 1/4 6mm x4x8" $137
- green,red,white all~25% translucent, black 1/8 x4x8"
- black 1/4 x4x8"
- qty discount @ 10
- cut fee $5, can stack sheets for same cut to several sheets for same cut fee
- rems? sort of, they recycle it
- clear 1/8 x4x8" $65
- clear 1/4 x4x8" $133
- black 1/8 x4x8" $80
- black 1/4 x4x8" $148
- other colors, same as black +75 freight fee to bring into states
- qty discount?
- 1 time 25 cut fee
- good for colors you can't get locally
- transparent colors, 1/4 x2x4 $48 or $192 a sheet
- qty discount at 6,11,etc
Montroy (877) 270-3709
- clear 1/8 x4x8" $75.11
- red,green,black,blue 1/8 x4x8" $82.22
- clear 1/4 x4x8" $142.67
- rems-work with
- cut off-work with you
- qty discount-work with
Professional Plastics 888-995-7767
- clear, transparents, and more 1/8 x 2x4ft $28-43 (or $112-172 /sheet)
- clear, transparents, and more 1/4 x 2x4ft $52-94 (or $208-376 /sheet)
- no cut fee, sell by foot
- qty discount@20 (2x4) of 10%
- no walk in rems/clearance section
Interstate 602 272-3610
- clear 1/4 x4x8" $162.57
- no cuts
- no qty discount
- clear 1/4 x4x8" $153.12
- clear 1/8 x4x8" $84.60
- bright orange 1/8 x4x8" $96 (only 2 sheets when I called)--Listed for ~$100+shipping on estreet
- cut fee-none on small cuts(quarters, etc)
- qty pricing work with you
- rems out back - not much in them mostly extruded
- lowes and home depot clear 4x2 $22, $26 .08 thick (2mm)
- smallparts.com clear 1/8 x12x12" $12+shipping
- mcmastercarr clear 1/8 x24x24" $20+shipping
Montroy sign company
- Sells vinyl by the yard
- 1905 S Macdonald Suite 2 & 3, Mesa, AZ 85210
Member Run Businesses
- HYPOXIC Sells and develops solutions for cameras used in extreme sports. Provides GOPRO, Contours, camera mounts, accessories, helmets and video debriefing software. Will provide members discounts.